Positive Psychology: The Evidence Behind "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
5 CE Credits
Positive psychology is a relatively recent scientific enterprise with the central objective of understanding and facilitating happiness and subjective well being and studying predictive factors that influence such states. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the various constructs associated with positive psychology (e.g., gratitude, resilience) from a theory- and evidence-based perspective. The assessment of positive emotions, character strengths, and meaning will be presented. The application of these constructs at the subjective, individual, and sociocultural level will be addressed and the rationale for why positive psychology interventions are efficacious in medical/health care settings will be examined.
Continuing education for this online course is offered through the following approvals:
- HealthForum is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. HealthForum maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- HealthForum has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6216. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. HealthForum is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- HealthForumOnline, LLC, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0355
- Social Workers in other states and allied health professionals should consult their state licensing board to see which of these approval bodies are accepted toward licensure renewal in their state. Click here for more information and direct links to state boards.
- It All Started with Flow
- A Historical Paradigm Shift
- Positive Outlook and Wellbeing: The Science Behind Emotion
- Happiness: Meaning and Measurement
- One “Savory” Recipe for Happiness
- Heroes and the Psychology of Evil
- Not-So-Random Acts of Kindness
- Resilience in the Face of Adversity: Post-Traumatic Growth
- Money, Happiness and Culture
- Mindfulness Meditation: Health and Happiness
- Close Relationships and Wellbeing
After completing this course, health professionals will be able to:
- Discuss the foundational theories, research methods, and terms (e.g., flow, savoring) in the field of positive psychology from an evidence-based perspective and summarize the findings from 4 seminal studies in this area.
- Recognize at least 10 positive psychology techniques/scripts (e.g., gratitude exercises, mindfulness-based meditation) to integrate into professional, as well as personal, goals to promote resilience in the face of adversity and encourage post traumatic growth.
- Identify 4 evidence-based measurements of emotional well-being and happiness, as well as 6 evidence-based measures to assess mindfulness, for use in a variety of healthcare practices.
- Recognize the role interpersonal relationships play in the establishment and maintenance of well-being and employ 10 strategies to strengthen bonds with important others.
Course Price: $105.00